Edgewater Village Hall was built in 1889, designed by local architect Paul Kuhne. Edgewater Village Hall is located at 111 Canal Street, in Tappen Park, Stapleton. This hall is occupied by offices such as District Attorney, Department of Health and Mental Hygiene. When it was first built it was considered one of Staten Islands finest buildings! This hall is all red brick with stone trimmings and was built Romanesque Revival Style. There is a square tower at the main entrance and the building itself is T-shaped with beautiful arched windows. Edgewater Village Hall became an official landmark in New York City in the year 1968! Feel free to take a relaxing stroll in Tappen Park for a closer look!