After months of writing, 5th grade classes across Staten Island submitted their essays to Tom Crimmins Realty's Annual 5th Grade Essay Contest. Over 800 hundred essays were submitted and were then read by our committee - which consisted of Tom Crimmins Realty agents and staff.
This year, students were asked:
- If you were to design and build a futuristic, dream home, what amenities would you include?
- Include aspects of your home that would positively affect your community and/or environment (ex. Solar panels for clean energy).
- What style home would you build and specifically, what would the individual rooms include?
- In which area of Staten Island would you build this home?
After reading all submissions and adhering to the rubric, the following young essay writers have been chosen:
|1st Place "Platinum"||Manna Sam||PS 54|
|2nd Place "Gold"||Yehan Hettiarachehige||Blessed Sacrament|
|3rd Place "Silver"||Nicholas Paronich||PS 5|
|4th Place "Bronze"||Chloe Sonitis||PS 3|
Final placement of the winners were given last night, June 2nd, at an award ceremony at PepperJack Grill. Students' parents were in attendance as well. In addition, the winning essays were read by the student writers.
The prizes distributed are as followed:
- Platinum – Laptop
- Gold – iPad Mini Tablet
- Silver – Samsung Galaxy Tablet
- Bronze – Kindle Tablet
- $100 Amazon Gift Card to the Platinum Winner's Writing Teacher
Under the leadership of owners Suzanne & Tom Crimmins, the professional team at Tom Crimmins Realty provides real estate services to buyers and sellers throughout the Staten Island area. A family-owned and operated business, Tom Crimmins Realty employs experienced and knowledgeable real estate agents to help buyers and sellers achieve their goals in the Staten Island real estate marketplace.
Thank you to Martin & Loiacono and United Northern for co-sponsoring Tom Crimmins Realty's Annual 5th Grade Essay Contest.