Many people think that selling a home during the winter season is a bad idea. Most people are not in the home buying mood because they are thinking about the holidays. Also, buyers will think that you are desperate and they will give you offers that are less than list price.
However, there are some advantages to selling your home over the holidays and into the new year. There will be less homes on the market, so there won’t be as much competition. Also, buyers will likely be on their holidays from work, so they will have much more time to view properties and look around at homes. Another factor is mood – buyers will generally be feeling more cheery and relaxed over the holidays, which will result in them being more likely to make the decision to buy a home.
Here Are Some Tips To Keep In Mind:
- Choose a good real estate agent who will be able to communicate with you well and find the right buyers for your house.
- Price the house realistically. This time of year, it helps to be competitive. You might even get buyers competing, which will push the price up as they bid against each other.
- Make sure that you have all of the paperwork in order, including an energy performance certificate, fittings and fixtures list and much more.
- Give your home a little makeover so that it gives a great first impression. Touch up the paintwork, rearrange the furniture and remove clutter.
- Giving a sense of airy lightness is important, especially in the winter months. Make sure that your windows let in plenty of natural light.
- Be flexible. You might need to be able to accommodate last minute viewings or viewings at strange times, so keep your schedule open.
- Have your moving company chosen and ready to go in advance, in case there is the possibility of a quick sale.
These are just a few tips to keep in mind for selling your home this winter season.