This house is located on 1482 Woodrow Road,Staten Island, New York. This property was the areas first African American purchased land in 1828. During the early 20th century this area was known as "Little Africa" or "Sandy Grounds". Sandy Grounds was home to many African American Oyster men. By 1851 the house was occupied by Ephraim Bishop, by 1864 Isaac and Rebecca Coleman bought the house. Isaac served as a pastor for a church in Staten Island. The house was originally built to be one and one half stories and does have some features of very late Greek revival style. The house is wood framed,vinyl siding, and has a rubble stone foundation which is now mostly concrete. Today the house remains a reminder of the very early African American community. After Isaac passed away the house remained under Rebeccas descendants for many generations till this day. In the more recent years the house is being rented out as a two family home but Rebeccas family does not actually live in the home.