This house was built in between the years of 1880 and 1882 in Second Empire style for August and Augusta Schoverling. This house is located in St George, Staten Island. House owner August Schoverling had immigrated from Germany to New York in the year 1859. Schoverling was an importer and distributor of firearms. The August and Agusta Schoverling house is located at Westervelt Avenue and Benzinger Avenue. After August and Augusta passed away the second owner of the house was Judge Morgan L. Ryan. Ryan was born Upstate New York in the year 1867.In 1907, he was appointed a judge of the Court of Special Sessions of the City of New York. Judge Ryan retired in January 1924. Judge Ryan became President of Richmond County Society For the Prevention of Cruelty to Children and Counsel to the Staten Island Visiting Nurses' Association. In March 1924, Judge Ryan sold the house to the Cassaviel family. They transformed the house and made it into four apartments. The basement was turned into a dental office for their son Vincent who occupied one of the four apartments. The Cassaviels stayed in the house until around the 1990's. The house was then purchased by its current owners in the year 1999. The house sits on the west side of its huge lot. It consists of two stories, a high ceiling basement, as well as an attic with brick chimneys. The porch that stretches from one side to the other is made of wood and supported by several red brick columns. The elevated porch is one of the more eye-catching details of the outside.It remains a 4 family house today and is considered a historical beauty to our one-of-a-kind Staten Island.