Tired of the "new year, new you" cliche? If you're looking to change things up this year, why not try making some adjustments to your home. Bring out that can-do attitude and get yourself organized and on a schedule.
- Help your house lose weight by cutting back on energy. According to Energy Star, "sealing and insulating your ductwork can improve the efficiency of your heating and cooling system by as much as 20%." By doing this, you'll extend the life of your furnace, air conditioner, or heat pump.
- Reduce your home's debt by learning to budget. Prevent overspending by creating a yearly budget for home improvement and maintenance. By budgeting and managing spending there will be money set aside for roof & appliance replacements.
- Get organized and de-clutter. For whatever reason, we have trouble throwing away belongings that we once treasured or thought we'd treasured. Purging your home will leave you with a satisfying feeling and your home will be ready for new treasures.
- Dress up the house more by improving curb appeal.
- Don't let the little things bother you, so invest in low or none maintenance produces around the house. Change lighting to LED bulbs and ceramic tiles have strong durability.
Gathered from Time magazine, HouseLogic, and other sources. Let us know what your new year resolution for yourself or your home is.