It's never too early to think about or plan to buy real estate. Aside from saving as much as possible, it is vital to establish good credit and make sure to keep your credit blemish free.
Here are some suggestions to establishing good credit:
- For the college students - if your parents have good credit and pay bills on time ask to piggy bank onto their charge account to gain positive credit ratings.
- Get your own minimal charge card or two. Usually a gas card or department store card is an easy one for a new applicant to secure.
- Don't pay your new charge card off entirely each month. Pay the minimum for a few months then pay it off. Repeat this process. Credit bureaus like to see this.
- College loans help establish credit. Pay them on time but also quickly as possible. This will hurt your buying power.
- Don't even think about getting a new car. It will only hurt your buying power. Buy an older affordable car if necessary.
- Contact a reputable mortgage person for further advice and suggestions. We can highly recommend great mortgage reps.
Remember buying a home is the American dream. Start dreaming ASAP.