The Bennett house is located on Court Place at the corner of Richmond Road, Staten Island, New York. This historical house was built in 1839 and in addition, the rear of the house was added in 1854. The house has a beautiful four columned porch as well as an above ground basement. The first owner was a man named Austin Burke. Burke purchased the lot in the 1830's, and according to the commercial sized oven in the basement, we assumed he was a baker. Though Burke only occupied the property for a few years. In 1894 John Bennett, a shipping merchant, and his family purchased the property. The Bennett family consisted of him, his wife, and their three children. The Bennetts son, Billop S. Bennett, a retired clerk, owned the property from 1895-1917. The Bennett family was buried in St.Andrews Church Cemetary. From the years 1926-1954, the Atkinson owned the house and used it as a residential as well as a business property. Inside there was a restaurant, home, store, as well as a post office. The Bennett House became a New York City landmark in 1969 and was restored as a part of Historic Richmond Town. The first floor is currently occupied as a cafe and the upper floors are exhibitions and program areas.